Monday, December 24, 2012

All about that special person :)

Today is Christmas! Yay! Happy birthday to Jesus. :)

Just had an awesome celebration with my church family yesterday on Christmas eve! It was truly a blessed night. We started off with a great meal of steamboat!! Really gotta give all applauses to those who prepared for this great meal.

Then we went for a spontaneous caroling session in ss2 mall. It was 9.40 pm. The mall was closing. It was near to being empty. Indeed, it was a crazy idea to begin with, BUT, with God's favour, we managed to bless THREE outlets with our Christmas songs and candy canes. The experience was so phenomenal.

I just can't express how great it feels to be able to spread the joy of the Lord. Singing while smiling, and while giving out candy canes to strangers. Having them responding with a big smile, "Merry Christmas to you too", really blew me away. I was over the top. Thank you so much God for making this experience an awesome one.

And thank you to Xin Yi (one of our awesome church member, also an extremely pretty sister inside and out) for persisting to having this caroling session. Every time she organizes something, the plan really goes on. Her persistence in every thing she does really inspires me. I feel so young when I hang out with her!!!

I just want to mention THREE things that hit me tonight. Some things are faithful reminders, while some are just pure inspiring.

1. God is always with us.

Indeed a reminder many Christians miss out on. God is always here with us. Having a Christmas celebration with the right reason in mind, that is to celebrate Jesus' birth, really makes us appreciate our God a whole lot more. And it really reminds me tonight that no one or thing is greater than Him. He is always here; yesterday, today and forever. :')

2. We can make a difference with God.

We can really make a difference in our everyday lives. Each and every experience we had with God can bless others. Each and every action we do can reflect God within us, just like today's caroling. I could see faces whom are genuinely happy to hear us sing. And I could hear claps for us as we finish our songs. It may be a small gesture, but in these every little small gestures, God's love is made known. :)

3. God shows us new things.

HE REALLY DOES. Tonight has been such a great testimony to His name. Not just the caroling, but also through the presence of a few particular people. A young lad brought his two friends who had some complications in communication. This young lad's constant effort to use sign language to tell his friends on what is going on really really inspires me. I never knew this young lad had so much in him. :) Not until today. God showed me this new thing tonight.

Lovely start to a beautiful day. :)


Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment