Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dating

Yesterday, a brother bought a book entitled 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye'


I was intrigued by the title. Dating goodbye? Interesting.

The only impression I got from the title was keeping relationships to just budding romances, until we are ready for a serious relationship.

Meaning to say, keeping it as friends, at just the courtship level. Why plunge into something when you know you're not ready? It will be a connection where both you and your (perhaps) someone special can submit fully to God.

Growing in Him is my ultimate priority in life. I don't know what else to live for (besides reaching out to others about Him). It's hard to keep oneself without submitting to worldly ways of dating. I guess the best way is to not get into one while you know you will succumb to wordly temptations.

God is good.

I have had experiences too. Worldly relationships are too much to handle. A waste of time and definitely very tiring to the spirit. It's hard to just keep to our own emotions, what more to say another person's? I was tired. And I was gaping for a breath of fresh air into my past relationship.

Of course, I didn't know God during that time.

Now, I'm just glad I can reunite with Him. When all things waivers, He is my anchor. He made me grow stable emotionally. I can safely say that whenever I have emotional innuendos now, I seek Him first. Let me assure you, there is no better way. He listens. All the time.

I have not read the book, but I'm looking forward to read it. Let's see what Joshua Harris has got to say about kissing dating goodbye.

"People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
Luke 18:15-17

I want to remain in the innocence You are pleased with. Thank you Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment