Friday, July 20, 2012

The Lord always delivers

In times of trial, I got so lost. Something happened to my family. My house was robbed. Of course, the one in my hometown.

I was worried. Really worried. My parents were alone back at home when me and my sisters are here. There was no one for them.

Mom called me and I could hear trembles in her voice. She was probably shocked. I was lost too. I totally did not expect such a thing to happen. Totally did not expect humans to be so mean. I mean, it was expected, but I did not imagine it happening to my family.

It was an eventful night. I went from calm, to sad, to crazy. Thoughts went through and through. I was worried for them. I wanted to be there.

I sought refuge in God. I prayed, but I was not still. I know that He will deliver, but at the spur of the moment, there were doubts. What if the robbers came back? (seeing that they took some keys)

I continued to talk to others. To tam, terry, rox, those who were online, asking them to pray for my family. I'm glad I talked to them. They reminded me that God will work in His ways, just continue to trust in Him.

It was a long talk. But at the end of it all I felt foolish. Foolish for even having any doubts in the first place. He is able. As long as we trust in Him, we will never be disappointed.

Some words I received last night from my brothers and sisters.

"We all are weak but God is strong. Focus on what God can do. He will make you strong. Peace of God is in you. Amen"


"The only thing you can do now is pray. And you have been doing that. We have been doing that. God is not deaf. He has been protecting them, He will continue to do so. Not because you asked, because He loves them more than you know."

A moment of bliss when I can finally just bask in Him. Be still in Him.

"I keep my eyes always on the Lord.With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
-Psalm 16:8

2 comments:

  1. Reading back the quote, it doesn't sound like it's something I would usually say ;)
    HS was talking to you through me! AWESOME. Tears whelming up :')

    Yay, a new step. Don't forget the lesson learn :D
    He is so so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D: i hope your parents change their locks!! ask them to install fake security cameras at least then, robbers will think twice before robbing.

    ReplyDelete