Monday, August 27, 2012

Tongue tied

The feeling when you know that there's nothing you can say to make things better. The moment you just pray that you can feel the Holy Spirit in you so you speak words to comfort the heart of those around you. I need that. Wisdom in speech.

"I was surrounded. Everyone at the table was tensed. I pray and pray, whatever that may exit from my mouth would edify others. As I recall, I structure my words properly. Each line holds the weight of different responsibilities. I can't just throw it around.

I need to be careful. Is it better if I just left things quieter? Will it be better if I just kept it to myself?

No. As Martin Luther King would say, 'I'm not only responsible for the things I've said, but also responsible for the things I did not say.'

I finally released those words. I could feel gushes of wind exiting from my mouth as I pronounced the words slowly. Instantly, a weight was lifted. I shared the burden. The glory of the Holy Spirit. It flows and flows.

Now comes another part. How many would take my words lightly? While how many would accept it hard? It's not just words to me when I speak. It's the result of proper thinking. To make sure I don't stumble anyone. Well, if I did, I may as well say that I have failed."

Tongue tied. Oh   Father, please let your Spirit flow and guide me as I speak . 
Now and forever. 
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. -Psalm 19:14

3 comments:

  1. Don't know what's going on but sounds like a confrontation. Just speak the truth and the Lord will guide you naturally :) Lots of <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the like button? Hahaha... You know what, you're really good in influencing others with your words. Praise to the lord that he gave you the ability to comfort others through the thing your wrote on your blog. I'm so sure there was a lot of peoples had been comforted by your words and have more faith toward god when they are weak. Keep it up.. Jia You! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumi : Thanks Yumi. It's not a confrontation. Basically just a prayer I've been asking fore recently. Wisdom in speech.

    Kelvin: Thank you for your kind words. :) I'm glad you can be encouraged through this humble blog. All glory to God for that.

    ReplyDelete